Journey of a thousand purls...



So, I've been making some socks for my boyfriend, because no one seems to make socks for men with feet longer than an 11.5.  I'm using Purlbee's mens sock pattern that's a pretty simple one, though I'm just doing it in straight navy blue all the way (no contrast color).  Specifically, I'm using Sirdar Snuggly baby bamboo in navy, since someone's always too warm, this feels like it'll be nice and cool.  And quite frankly, it feels so lovely and smooth... ah....

This is the 2nd time around on this one.  I prepared one earlier and it fit him like a Christmas stocking, so frogged the whole thing, and started over again just this past Sunday.  After knitting while gabbing with friends, and some time on the bus, I've gotten back to the point where I get to deal with turning the heel.

Pray with me.  Just kidding, given that I've already done it once, I'm a lot less nervous about it.  Still, quite a bit to go.

While setting aside the front stitches so I can work on the heel I had a really weird deja-vu moment. Reminded me of a dream that was long before I ever tried to knit socks, where I felt like I was April from TMNT and had to do a very similar motion.  That's officially an odd feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets