2 month or so wrap-up


So the belly dance has continued apace, and thanks to the recent discovery (via random Pinterest link) of a great tutorial on creating cabaret belly dance tops, I've finally gotten up the courage to create my own.  While I"m not ready for performances, I'm hoping that by the time I do get there, I'll have an awesome costume ready to go.

This one features some really fun purple lame fabric found at a recent blow out sale form Bits of Thread, and the beads so far are from previous projects. I'm really excited about it! Was talking with my mother earlier and she noted that when my dad started back into his old cycling habit, he warned her that he would be enthusiastic/obsessive, and that didn't end up getting anywhere hear close to describing reality. So at least I know where I get it from!

I'm also working on some simple baby blankets for the newborn ICU where the soon-to-bee mother-in-law volunteers.  So there's a lot of crafting going on up in here.


That makes a big change from the recent weeks.  I've been in Chicago and New Orleans, hiked the Appalachian trail (nearly 20 miles between 2 days!), entertained my parents in DC over Memorial Day Weekend, did another Embassy open house tour, went to a fabric sale (obvs), and have generally been busting my butt entirely too much for my own good.  This was the first weekend I've had in a while where I could just hang out and be crafty. AND IT WAS WONDERFUL.

I've gotten some really amazing photos from the New Orleans trip and the Memorial Day visits and embassy tours, so I am hoping to put up some of the best ones when I can sit through and sort them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets

Moebius plushie