Contrast cable scarf pattern

Hello all! I promise I haven't forgotten this blog, or making patterns for others to enjoy.  Part of the delay has been my being too busy, and part of it is that my now 7.5 year old laptop is really starting to show its age.



So, the most recent one is designed because I needed to use this absolutely scrumptious yarn I found at Scrap DC's Labor Day weekend sale.  It's called Peru Chunky Luxury (out of production now). It's 70% Merino, 20% alpaca, and 10% silk, and entirely yummy.  The only problem is that all I had was a 73 yard (50 gram) skein, and this needed to be used for something worn near the face because of reasons. That or it would be kept as a pet.

I also found at Scrap DC an unlabeled single twist wool yarn that is probably some sort of merino/lambswool and is lovely and soft as well, and a nice contrasting color.  All together, I knew it wasn't going to be able to create anything large.

So, after finding some patterns online for similar short scarves, I put together my own.  After a quick gauge check, decided it should be 24 stitches across (this stuff lives up to the extra bulky name)

It's all a bit of a combination of the following ideas:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stormwarning-scarf
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sculptors-scarf
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/quick-cabled-cowl

And I committed the sin of not actually taking a picture of the completed project. Might try and update with a picture once it's been opened on Christmas...

Originally, it was going to just overlap in the front like a surplice shirt front, but I realized that the size worked best by just sewing the ends together to create a tube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets

Moebius plushie