What to knit next?



So, since I finished the socks for the boyfriend, I've been having to figure out what I want to do next. The lambswool in the black bag above was reclaimed from a truly hideous GAP sweater found at a rummage sale and is just begging to be knit into a cozy, lovely sweater. The teal is smooth cotton/silk blent that seems perfect for a shirt, and the red and brown cotton/wool blend are going to be socks for me at some point with cheerful stripes.

The next question came up when in my new office, the temperature outside plummeted and offices in DC generally don't just flip from AC to heat right away. Ours designates October 15th as the day to switch on the heat. All day on Monday, my co-workers and I were shivering trying to stay warm, wearing our coats around the office, and salivating over the idea of having some nice, hot tea (another thing we're still figuring out in the new space until we can get microwave/water heating system up...). I realized that one thing I really needed was a pair of fingerless mitts so that I can work and still have my hands be a little warmer. When I got home that night, I went through my scrap yarn, found some warm candidates, and found a quick pattern online. In 3 days, I had the right one already done (thankfully) and just need to do the flip over top for my fingers.

I had already started making the teal silk/cotton into a top as well, using a very customizable pattern (kieselguhr for Revellers out there), and I'm hoping that it turns out well!  I'm feeling ambitious, but I am certain that working on the wool sweater will be great as winter sets in. I just hope I could finish it before May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets