Interested in Cross-stitch awesome?

So, this year, one of the things I did was to learn how to cross-stitch, and did I ever!

Firefly "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you" sampler

Chewbacca cross-stitch portrait with "quote"

I've discovered it's a lot of fun, and a great way to incorporate my love of all things nerdy.  I've already made two things - both of which I am so ridiculously proud of.  One is a Firefly quote sampler and the other is a portrait and quote from Chewbacca.  I made the patterns myself, based on the same process I have described to create intarsia patterns.  These are more difficult to document, I've discovered, but just as rewarding!

As a result, I've decided to create share-able pattens and try my hand at selling them via my new Etsy store.  Right now, I've got a couple patterns for the stitch works I've already done, and interested to add more as I can.  I'll admit that I've never done anything with Etsy before, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets