Introductions all around

As with the millions of other self-indulgent blogs out there, this is simply a means for me to gather some random portions of my life.

Topics of interest may include but are not limited to:
Knitting, quilting, sewing, reading, pop culture, music, religion, international relations, science, space, feminism, philosophy, consumer finance and credit, disability rights, human rights, gay rights, civil rights, fantasy novels, fantasy novels other than Harry Potter, computers and software, movies, tv, science fiction movies and tv, automotive engines, cooking, fresh produce, psychology, football, the other kind of football, and yet the other kind of football, hiking, kayaking, sunburn, and dealing with family.

If your interest continues beyond four hours, you should check with your doctor, because clearly there is something wrong with you. Also, I'll probably want to be your friend.

So, a bit more about me so that you have some idea who this particular self-indulgent and at least marginally tech-savvy individual might be.  I am a young, female professional in Washington, DC who (*surprise*) works at a non-profit. I came to this city to pursue a graduate degree that currently almost nothing to do with what I do during my day, but fell in love with the city and a guy while I was here.  I am a bit of a dilettante between having a couple different majors, a variety of things I've researched, speak English, French, and bits and smatterings of Arabic, Spanish, Turkish, Swedish, Italian, and just enough German to get into trouble.  I also pick up stuff from people around me, including my blogging boyfriend (but he's one of those serious ones that cross-posts and tracks hits, etc.).

As with I'm sure many blogs out there, I'm starting out with the best of intentions of writing consistently with a variety of posts that will be scintillating. Let's see how that goes.  Given that I've been meaning to try this for a while, even I'm a bit skeptical, but it's worth a try.

And I do believe in trying to keep it clean for any stray kids that might walk by. However, I do come from a long line of people who speak their minds and have little by way of filter, so be warned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets