I heart grammar nerds



So, I go to the library to pick up the final Hunger Games book, and I was in for a surprise. Theory is that crack dealers always give their clients their first hit for free, knowing that they will simply be so addicted and the dealer makes his/her money back many times over. Such is the case with this series. I got the first one free through a Kindle loan and have read that one and the second installment in a week each. This is a normal week, just reading it while commuting or at the gym.

Back to the story with the story of the library book, I had two surprises waiting for me on Monday when I stopped at the DC Public Library by my office. When I first walked in, it turned out to be Irish Book Day, and they were handing out free copies of Irish novels, so of course I pick up 2. I can never turn away a free book. The second surprise was waiting for me in my latest hit.  I opened it up and within the first few pages, I noticed something.

**Spoiler alert**


Then I noticed something more.




Subjunctive verbs, subject/object, and others--it's a bit like having a grammar nerd friend whispering commentary as I read through the story. I'm almost 100 pages in now, and it's still continuing. I find it absolutely hilarious and it's so much fun to have a grammar nerd reading with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets