Update on ambitious weekend goals


Alright, so how's the old score card?

  • Sew 3 new skirts that are office-appropriate
    • Fixed one skirt that was too big, and made 2 skirts from scratch (details and pics to come). Given how much work the blue/black houndstooth one was, I'm calling this one achieved.
  • Watch my current Netflix (Melancholia)
    • Nope, still need to do that, since it's one I wanted to watch with the boyfriend.
  • Go hiking!
    • Instead decided to go for a 5k run on Saturday morning, and that's about all the weather wants to permit. Forecast has been showing rain out through Friday. Boo.  Thought about a muddy hike, but just didn't have the energy.
  • Clean the apartment
    • A bit...
  • Do laundry
  • Find the fridge light bulb (Someone accidentally un-plugged the fridge, making me think that the light had burned out, since it was still cool and so I removed the light bulb thinking that I needed to replace it. I put it down somewhere and have completely lost track of it.)
    • In my genius, I totally left it in my messenger bag, which I found on Friday before I even went off to work.
  • Knit (specifically the socks from yesterday's post)
    • Some, managed to get the heel turned on sock #1
  • Make pancakes with the blackberries that thawed in the night of the wimpy freezer and re-froze into a solid mass of frozen-berry-goodness (see fridge light bulb story above)
    • So yummy! And made blueberry pancakes for boyfriend and surprise overnight guest, and made some extra for leftovers.
  • Limit my poking around online so that I can actually get things done!
    • HA! Luckily, since the boyfriend's computer decided to catch itself a nasty cold, and it got to stay in local Best Buy computer spa for a couple days, my laptop became the only one. So serious blogger needed to monopolize it for a bit. Limited my fiddling around on it.
  • Find a way to get rid of the collection of old books I need to give away, and find a way to get them to any related location.
    • Books for America can come and pick up books if you have over a certain number. This batch is way below that, so going to try and swing by at some point, but it didn't happen this weekend.
  • Perhaps some quilting? I really need to pick up the pace on my current project.
    • Not even close
  • Re-sew button onto white pants
  • Bake some banana bread
  • Baked some zucchini with garlic, olive oil, oregano, and parmesan
  • Start in on reading the loaned Kindle copy of The Hunger Games, thanks to my sister
Things got a little delayed because the boyfriend's laptop decided that it wanted to throw a major temper tantrum, and we got to spend about an hour on Saturday morning hanging around Best Buy, and fingers are still crossed that they can successful. He's in a pretty serious grump since that's his livelihood, but hopefully the start of college football season will heal wounds!

Further technology pitfalls happened when I tried to get a cell phone upgrade.  I've been on my parent's family plan for a while now (until finances allow me to manage my own / one with the boyfriend), and it's been about 3 years since my last new phone, so it's time.  Unfortunately, re-juggling with accounts (as my sister and her husband got their own plan) seems to have kicked my name off the accounts.  Since I wasn't on the all-powerful list, they couldn't do anything. Tried to get in touch with my father who was laboring on Labor Day, and after a long time of poking around in nearby shops, waiting and waiting, found out that customer service is not up and running on federal holidays and the only way while that's down would be if the account holder goes to a physical location to add me. Not going to happen today, simply not an option.  It was about 1:40 before I decided to head home, after getting there about 11am.  I came home in a fairly extreme grump at the whole mess due to mis-communications and lack of information on all ends, and also had to get the old blood sugar back to human levels before I could act correspondingly like a human being.

Saturday night was also fun, since we went out to watch the Alabama vs. Michigan game (boyfriend's whole family are rabid Alabama fans, and I'm getting into it as well) with a college buddy of mine who went to UfoM for grad school and is how blue through-and-through.  We were all disappointed that it turned out to be a rout, since we had all been looking forward to a good, evenly-matched game.  Still, Bama played well, and it's nice to start the season with a big win.

So, all in all, it was a productive weekend, though not as much as I had hoped.  I'll post more soon about the skirts that I made, since I'm terribly proud of them.  All vintage/reclaimed fabric, no patterns, and they fit great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd easy no-wrong-side baby blanket

Moebius plushie

Simple no-wrong side baby blankets